African Union (AU) Internship Program is pleased to announce the opening of its application portal for suitably qualified African Students. The program is aimed at exposing participants to the workings of the AU at an early stage of their professional career and strengthen their personal and professional skills.
The AU internship program is a full-time engagement through which qualified individuals from diverse academic backgrounds are given the opportunity to gain professional exposure within the AU.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing African Union (AU) Internship Program
- Company/Organisation(s): African Union (AU)
- Program Location: African Union (AU) Office
- Basic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree
- Program Duration: 6 Months
- Available Slot: Several
- Nationality: African Students
Details About the African Union (AU) Internship Program
As an organization which promotes respect for diversity and team work, we encourage all qualified individuals to apply. The program aims to expose participants to the workings of the AU at an early stage of their professional career and strengthen their personal and professional skills.
It provides an avenue for participants to gain hands-on experience in various applicable fields, while learning in an intercultural environment. The AU will further gain support from participants who possess adequate knowledge and skills in relevant areas and serve as a potential grooming ground for future African Leaders.
Eligibility Criteria for the African Union (AU) Internship Program
To be eligible for African Union (AU) Internship Program, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be Nationals of the African Union’s Member States;
- Students enrolled in full-time undergraduate (in final year of study)/ postgraduate study or graduates from a recognized institution of learning;
- Fluent in one of the AU Official working languages (Arabic, English, French or Portuguese, Kishwahili);
- Applicants must be aged between 22 and 32 at the time of application;
- Meet the requirements specified in the terms of reference.
- Applicants should have a keen interest in the work of the AU and demonstrate the ability to interact with individuals from various cultural backgrounds and beliefs.
How to Apply
All internship applications MUST be submitted through the AU Careers portal at: https://careers.au.int. Applicants will be required to create a profile on AU Careers portal.
Candidates interested to apply for internship with the African Union Commission should kindly send the following document to email@example.com
- A motivation letter indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship program
- A copy of valid passport or national identity card
- Certified copies of relevant academic certificates
- Current curriculum vitae (CV)
- Recommendation letter for internship from the institution of learning that they are attending.
Visit the Official Website for Further Details
Application Deadline: Not Stated