The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) has open portal for it’s Call for Expression of Interest for the FAO Internship Programme for Africa which is aimed at attracting talented young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience.
The programme will provide learning opportunity to the participants to supplement their academic knowledge with a practical work assignment in a field related to the work of FAO. Interns will have the opportunity to contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and FAO’s Strategic Framework.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing FAO Internship Programme
- Company/Organisation(s): Food and Agriculture Organization
- Program Location: Africa
- Basic Qualifications: Undergraduates
- Program Type: Internship
- Program Duration: 3-11 months
- Available Slot: Several
- Nationality: FAO member nations
Details About the FAO Internship Programme
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations leads international efforts to defeat hunger and to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. With over 194 member states, FAO works in over 130 countries worldwide. We believe that everyone can play a part in ending hunger.
The Internship Programme of Human Resources aims to attract talented young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience in FAO’s domains. The Programme provides a learning opportunity to the participants to supplement their academic knowledge with a practical work assignment in a field related to the work of FAO. Through the FAO internship experience, interns will contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and FAO’s Strategic Framework to support the 2030 Agenda through the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agri-food systems for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind.
Eligibility Criteria for the FAO Internship Programme
To be eligible for the FAO Internship Programme applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate degree programme in a “bona fide” educational institution at the time of application or recent graduate. Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED).
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations.
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Internship Programme.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the FAO Africa Internship 2022 are to complete their online profile on the recruitment website. It is strongly recommended that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications and language skills.
Applicants will be require to attach a letter of motivation, the evidence of attendance in a recognized university or copy of your academic qualifications to the online profile.
Visit the Official Website for Further Details
Application Deadline: January 1, 2023