In preparing for an interview, you need to think of possible ways to answer to your interviewers in technical but constructive ways that will boost your points and give them the confidence that you are the best candidate for the job.
Do not forget that interviews are destiny-defining moments in just a matter of a few seconds or hours. Oftentimes, interviewers want to know your flexibility and commitment to your job ranging from your ability to relocate to your future plans. Do not forget that you are not the only one applying for the position because the market is quite competitive so your answer should be carefully and honestly chosen to earn you that deserving position.
6 Best answers to “Are you willing to Relocate”? Questions in an interview
As an HR scholar, most interviewers would expect answers such as:
- Yes, I would gladly relocate if my job requires me to do so because I have the interest of the company at heart and would want to grow my career here and also have a great impact on the company. While answering this, your smiles, boldness, and confidence should give you those extra points that you need
- Another good answer would be that “visiting other environments are also my priorities, so if the job gives me such an opportunity, it would be very commendable”.
- If you are not willing to relocate, you could tell them that “ I would love to relocate but I have other engagements that I cannot leave behind at the moment”(you can explain further like: leaving my aged parent won’t be a good choice since I am the only child… your reason should be valid and extremely important) although it is good to be honest but the possibility of getting the job might be slim given that most companies need employees that are mobile. But in rare cases, your honesty might get you the job offer.
- If you aren’t sure, you can tell your interviewer that you would(might) love to relocate depending on some factors such as the duration of stay, cost of living allowance (COLA), relocation package, career growth/development plan that the company. These would enable you to plan your relocation should you wish to accept the offer. Trust me, you do not want to sound materialistic but you want to be sure that their relocation plan suits your expectation.
- If you are undecided, it’s not wrong to give a “maybe” answer, to enable you to consider the position, the proposed city if known, career development plan if you want to grow your career in the company, etc., depending on what you need to think through before taking that destiny changing decision.
- Always remember to show an intense interest(enthusiasm) towards the position to show your recruiters that you are interested in their organization.