Awa Prize 2022 for Women Entrepreneurs: Women entrepreneurs who have appositive impact in their communities through their business are invited to apply for the Awa Prize 2022 which is aimed at supporting innovative enterprise with funding support up to €50,000.
The Awa Prize is a competition organized by Enabel which highlights women entrepreneurs from development cooperation countries and their projects. The Awa Prize celebrates 12 entrepreneurs from the Belgian development cooperation each year.
Details About the Awa Prize 2022 for Women Entrepreneurs
The Awa Prize is a contest which shed the light on businesses and the women who lead them. But beyond this competition, the Awa Prize aims at federating a community of entrepreneurs around shared values, in order to fight against soio-economic inequalities. Through the Awa Prize, many events will be organized at the local and international levels in order to raise awareness for men and women about the opportunities that women’s entrepreneurship can create. The prize will be given to entreprises that meets the following : Start-ups, scale-up, innovation, people’s choice.
Eligibility Criteria for the Awa Prize 2022 for Women
To be eligible for the Awa Prize 2022 for Women, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a woman of legal age in her country of residence.
- Have the nationality of one participating country.
- Be the (co-)founder and/or non-minority shareholder of a company which has been registered for at least 1 year in a participating country.
Benefits of the Award
Candidates may choose to apply in one of the following categories:
- Start-up category: This award is for companies that have been in existence for at least one year and no more than three years when the Competition is launched.
- Scale-up category: This award is for companies that have been in existence for three years or more when the Competition is launched.
- Innovation category: This award is intended for any company that develops particularly innovative products, services and/or approaches.
- People’s choice category: This award is open to any company in the Start-up, Scale-up or Innovation categories wanting to compete for the People’s Choice via an online vote.
In each category, three entrepreneurs will be highlighted and will receive the first, second and third prize respectively.
- First Prize
- Up to €50,000: Spent to support/coaching, based on your company’s needs.
- One week in Belgium: To meet entrepreneurship circles and inspire one another.
- Second prize
- Up to €10,000: Spent to support/coaching, based on your company’s needs.
- Third prize
- Up to €5,000: Spent to support/coaching, based on your company’s needs.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the Awa Prize 2022 for Women are to apply online on or before the application deadline. Applicants are encouraged to supply all the required information as incomplete application will not be accepted.
Application Deadline: 24th October 2022