The British Council GREAT Scholarships at the University of Kent – UK is inviting applications from brilliant and eligible international students. British Council GREAT Scholarships is delighted to offer dedicated scholarships of £10,000 to Chinese, Ghanaian, Egyptian, Indian, Kenyan, Malaysian, and Thailand citizens.
The GREAT Scholarships programme is part of the Study in UK campaign jointly funded by the UK Government’s GREAT Britain campaign, British Council and the University of Kent.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing British Council GREAT Scholarship;
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): UK Government’s GREAT Britain campaign/British Council/University of Kent
- Host Institution(s): University of Kent, UK
- Study Level: Masters
- Scholarship Type: Partial funding
- Scholarship Worth: €10,000 per awardee
- Number of Awards: 10 Awards per year
- Nationality: Overseas Students
Eligibility Criteria for British Council GREAT Scholarship 2022/23
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
- be a citizen of one of the programme’s countries: China, India, Kenya, Malaysia, Nigeria or Thailand, and be assessed as an overseas fee payer.
- be willing to establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- be starting your course in September 2022
- have received a conditional offer and have accepted this before the deadline date of 30 April 2022
- be active in the field with work experience or proven interest in the subject area
- be willing to embody the UK Higher Education experience, by attending lectures and tutorials and engaging with extra-curricular activities, and act as an ambassador for UK Higher Education by promoting the value of studying at a UK HEI
- Represent the high standards of the GREAT brand by becoming an advocate for scholarships
- be willing to attend a networking event of all UK-based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
How to Apply
Applications for the British Council GREAT scholarship should be made via your applicant portal. You will only be able to apply for the GREAT Scholarship once you have received an offer for your programme from the University of Kent.
In order to be considered for this award, you will need to submit the following:
- an essay of no more than 500 words about a topic you have studied previously and why you found it interesting. This topic should be related to or have inspired you to apply for your chosen degree programme.
This document should be uploaded in word or pdf format only, other formats will be rejected.
If you have applied for a programme with the Medway School of Pharmacy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2022