British Council Women in STEM Scholarships is open to women with a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics who wish to acquire skills and training from a leading University in the UK. The training is available to women passionate about their studies and wishes to make a global impact.
This scholarship program is fully funded and aims at increasing opportunities in STEM for girls and women who can demonstrate their need for financial support and who wish to inspire future generations of women to pursue careers in STEM.
Key Fellowship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing British Council Women in STEM Scholarships:
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): British Council
- Host Institution(s): Participating Universities in UK
- Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
- Scholarship Type: Full funding
- Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits (below)
- Number of Awards: Several
- Nationality: International Students
Eligibility Criteria for the British Council Women in STEM Scholarships
To be considered for the British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM, interested applicants are to meet the underlisted requirements:
- Be a woman who is able to take up a course of study in the UK for the academic year from September/October 2023-2024.
- Can demonstrate a need for financial support.
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable them to gain access onto one of the pre-selected postgraduate courses at a UK university.
- Can attain the level of English required for postgraduate study/research at a UK university.
- Are active in the field with work experience or a proven interest in their subject area.
- Are passionate about their course of study and are willing to engage as committed British Council Scholarship alumni.
Benefits of the Scholarship
- Economic support including tuition fees.
- Travel costs, visa and health coverage fees.
- Special support for mothers.
- English language support.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the British Council Scholarships to Study in the UK for Women in STEM should make their applications directly to the participating universities. Ensure that you check and meet all of the eligibility requirements before applying.
Application Deadline: Varies between institutions