City of Cape Town External Bursary is open to support young South Africans who are residents in Cape Town and are registered at accredited academic institutions in South Africa to apply for these external bursaries.
The bursary will provide partial or full cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees and exam fees. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing City of Cape Town External Bursary
- Host Institution: South African Instistution
- Host Country: City of Cape Town
- Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Scholarship Type: Partial funding
- Number of Awardees: Several
- Value of Scholarship: Not Specified
- Eligible Countries: South Africans
Details About the City of Cape Town External Bursary
Cape Town offers bursary opportunities to selected students each year. The financial support covers the cost of registration, examinations, and class fees for their formal studies. The City is calling on interested residents in Cape Town who are registered at accredited academic institutions in South Africa to apply for these external bursaries.
Eligible Fields for the City of Cape Town External Bursary
Below is a list of the various field of studies within the 2023 City of Cape Town Scarce Skills List categories:
- Accounting (CA and Cost Management)
- Artisan Training
- Contract Management
- Data Science/Analytics (Statistics, Computer Science)
- Engineering (Various fields, including Industrial Engineering)
- Environmental (Specialists, including Air Pollution and Water Quality)
- Fleet Management
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Information Systems and Technology
- Legal (Various fields)
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Project Management
- Renewable Energy
- Supply Chain Management
- Technical Training/qualification in
- Electricity/Energy/Refrigeration/Electronic/Process control and Operations
- Transport Management
- Urban Design, Landscape, Planning, Surveying and Architecture
- Municipal Finance Management Act Minimum Competence qualification
- Public Accountability
Eligibility Criteria for the City of Cape Town External Bursary
The City of Cape Town invites applicants who meet the following requirements to apply:
- Applicants need to be South African citizens residing within the boundaries of Cape Town
- Applicants should possess their Grade 12 final / mid-year results with an average of 65% and above
- Applicants need to provide a copy of first, second or third-year academic transcripts
- Applicants need to be registered for full-time study at an accredited tertiary institution and should be studying an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in one of the approved City of Cape Town scarce skills fields of study
Benefits of the Bursary
The bursaries also include capped allowances for study-aid; transport and meals. In some instances where a proven need exists, the City may also cover a capped residence allowance, funding permitting.
How to Apply
To apply, residents can download an application form https://www.capetown.gov.za/City-Connect/Apply/Jobs-and-opportunities/apply-for-a-city-bursary or obtain the form from any City library or Walk-in Centre. Completed forms and supporting documentation must be submitted to any of the Walk-in Centres by Friday, 30 September 2022.
Application Deadline: 30th September 2022.