European Commission Youth4Regions Program for journalism is an opportunity for students and young journalists to apply for a fully-funded scholarship for the 2022 session.
The Youth4Regions is the European Commission programme is aimed at helping journalism students and young journalists to discover what the EU is doing in their region.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing European Commission Youth4Regions Program;
- Company/Organisation(s): European Commission
- Program Location: Brussels
- Basic Qualifications: Students & Young Graduates
- Program Type: Fully funded
- Program Duration: 12 months plus
- Available Slot: Several
- Nationality: EU or neighbouring country Citizens
Details About European Commission Youth4Regions Program
The European Commission Youth4Regions programme is the programme for aspiring journalists. The programme is targeted at helping journalism students and young journalists to discover what the EU is doing in their region.
All expenses or costs associated with coming to Brussels in October will be covered by the European Commission to include covers travel, food and accommodation. Applications from former participants are not accepted.
Eligibility Criteria for European Commission Youth4Regions Program
To be eligible for European Commission Youth4Regions Program, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- EU or neighbouring country citizen aged from 18 to 30 years old
- Applicants must have Interest in what EU regional policy is doing in your region
- Applicants must have a Background in journalism (studies or up to 2 years of experience)
- Availability during 8 – 14 October 2022
- Only journalists with up to 2 years of experience (calculated until the moment of the closing of the application period) are eligible.
- Applications from former participants are not accepted.
Besides EU Member States and the United Kingdom, other countries accepted in the programme are: Albania, Republic of North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey), potential candidates (Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Kosovo), ENI countries (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria and Tunisia, as well as Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine) and EFTA countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland)
Benefits of the Program
All participants in the program will have the following benefits:
- Trainings on journalism and EU regional policy
- The chance to receive mentorship from established journalists from your country
- Working side by side with renowned journalists during the EU Regions’ Week
- Visits of EU affairs media headquarters and EU institutions
- The unique opportunity to take part as a journalist in European Commission press trips to Member States
- Accommodation, food and travel expenses covered by the European Commission
How to Apply
Interested and eligible applicants for the European Commission Youth4Regions Program for journalism students and young journalists are required to submit their application online for the program.
Visit the Official Website for Further Details
Application Deadline: July 11, 2022