University of Tokyo Graduate School of Frontier Sciences Fellowship is has announced that their applications portal is open to interested and eligible candidates who wish to enroll for the fellowship program. This Fellowship is financial support to international students who are enrolling in doctoral courses at The University of Tokyo.
University of Tokyo fellowship programme is aimed at supporting outstanding, self-financed international students who pursue their degree at the University and to promote the enrollment of outstanding international students. Recipients will receive 200,000 yen per month as research grant-in-aid until the end of the standard program duration (up to one year for research students.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing Graduate School of Frontier Sciences Fellowship
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Tokyo Graduate School, Japan
- Host Institution(s): University of Tokyo Graduate School, Japan
- Study Level: Masters & PhD
- Scholarship Worth: 200,000 yen per month
- Number of Awards: Several
- Nationality: International Students
Details About the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences Fellowship
The GSFS screening result of the fellowship will be notified to applicants along with the result of the entrance examination. Nominees selected by GSFS will undergo a final screening by the Division of Global Campus Initiatives, then will be awarded the fellowship.
The final and official screening result will be notified in the month of the enrollment. Please note that you have a high probability to be awarded the fellowship once you are nominated to the Division of Global Campus Initiatives from GSFS.
Eligibility Criteria for the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences Fellowship
To be eligible for University of Tokyo Graduate School of Frontier Sciences Fellowship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students
- Those who are applying for admission to a doctoral course of the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences.
- Those who hold a valid visa to stay in Japan as a “College Student”.
- Those who are not applying and/or planning to apply for fellowships or scholarships provided by private organizations.
How to Apply
The application should be done through the applicant’s affiliated (proposed) Graduate School. Please contact the relevant section (international office) of your affiliated (proposed) Graduate School to check the details of the application procedures. Contact list.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2022