Harambeans Alliance and African Innovators Scholarships for Africans is currently receiving applications from interested and innovative African students through the annual gathering of the Alliance and serves as an opportunity to welcome the new Class of Harambeans.
Harambeans are African innovators who have pledged “to work together as one” to unlock the potential of Africa. It is the place where African Innovators become Harambeans and a collection of strangers become a lifelong family.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing Harambeans Alliance and Innovators Scholarships:
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Harambeans Alliance
- Host Institution(s): Harambeans Bretton Woods Symposium (HBWS) and Harvard University, USA
- Study Level: Undergraduates & Postgraduates
- Scholarship Worth: Funded
- Number of Awards: 20 – 30
- Nationality: African Students
Details About the Harambeans Alliance and Innovators Scholarships
These opportunities are available only to candidates who have acceded to the Alliance.
Harambeans benefit from our Ecosystem of Opportunities to support their entrepreneurial aspirations, including:
Eligibility Criteria for the Harambeans Alliance and Innovators Scholarships
To be eligible for Harambeans Alliance and African Innovators Scholarships, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be of African birth or origin
- Applicants must currently enrolled in a college or university or
- Applicants must be a recent graduate, and
- Applicants at the early idea stage or advanced stages of a social or business venture focused on or related to Africa.
How to Apply
Interested applicants seeking for Harambeans Alliance and African Innovators Scholarships should submit application online. In the Recommendation section of the HBWS application, you will be invited to submit the contact details of two referees.
Once you have completed the recommendation form, your referees will receive an automatic notification to complete the recommendation on your behalf. Please note that your progression to the interview stage is incumbent on the submission of your recommendations. As such encourage your referees to complete the recommendation form by the December 15, 2022 deadline.
Candidates must submit an application consisting of the following completed sections:
- Your Venture
- Progress to Date
- Harambean Opportunities
- Leadership & Work Experience- Awards / Recognition & Skills
- General Information
- Terms & Conditions
Application Deadline: October 31, 2022