International Research Tuition Scholarship (IRTS) at University of South Australia (UNISA) is open to award international candidates on the basis of academic merit and demonstrated research capability, and who will be supported during their degree by a full living stipend supported by external funding.
The IRTS total fee-waiver is for a maximum of 3 years for Ph.D. students and over a maximum of 2 years for Masters by Research students. This scholarship does not include Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) which is a condition of the student visa, and applicants are responsible for ensuring they have suitable cover for themselves and their families where applicable.
Eligibility Criteria for the International Research Tuition Scholarship (IRTS)
In addition to meeting UniSA’s eligibility criteria, applicants must be:
- Commencing international research degree students
- High quality with demonstrated research capability
- Be supported by a strong supervisory panel(with end-user adviser on the supervisory panel, where appropriate), and be enrolled in a research-rich environment
- In receipt of (or been awarded) a fully externally funded stipend scholarship, or in receipt of a living stipend supported by external funding*.
*Note: the living stipend need to be in the form of an externally funded scholarship administered through the University or agreement with a sponsorship body or organisation.
Value and Duration of Award:
- The IRTS will cover the international tuition fee for 3 years (plus a possibility of a 6 month extension) for a PhD student and the international tuition fee for 2 years for a research master’s student.
- The scholarship does not cover overseas health cover and applicants are responsible for ensuring they have visa length overseas health cover for themselves and, if applicable, their family.
How to apply
- You can apply for an International Research Tuition Scholarship at any time of the year.
- Applications must be made online via the University’s Apply Online facility.
- Apply online
Visit the Official Website for Further Details