Izmir University of Economics is ready to fuel the academic pursuit of International Students to study in Turkey through Scholarships. The scholarship is available for international students who wish to enroll in a degree study programme of the University for the 2022-2023 academic session.
These scholarships are awarded to international undergraduate students studying a program in the university based on the quotas specific for countries within the scope of the internalization mission of the University.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing Izmir University of Economics International Student Scholarship:
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Izmir University of Economics, Turkey
- Host Institution(s): Izmir University of Economics, Turkey
- Study Level: Undergraduate
- Scholarship Type: Full-fee scholarship
- Scholarship Worth: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: Several
- Nationality: International students
Details About the Izmir University of Economics International Student Scholarship
It is a scholarship awarded to international students who want to study at undergraduate programs based on the quotas specific for countries within the scope of the internalization mission of the University. The scope and quotas of international student scholarship are determined by the Board of Trustees.
The duration for scholarships is as long as the maximum education period. It is 2 years in Foreign Language Preparatory Program, 4 years in Associate Programs, 7 years in four-year Undergraduate Programs, and 9 years in six-year Undergraduate Programs.
Eligibility Criteria for the Izmir University of Economics International Student Scholarship
The Izmir University of Economics International Student Scholarships 2022 are open to
- Foreign nationals coming to study in Turkey
- Those who are natural born Turkish citizens and have received permission of renouncement of nationality from the Ministry of Internal Affairs, and those who can prove that they possess the Document Related to the Usage of the Rights Granted based on the Turkish Citizenship Law for their minor children registered at the document of renunciation of Turkish citizenship. (Turkish Citizenship Law No. 5901 Article 7- (1) indicates, “A child born to a married Turkish father or mother, whether in Turkey or abroad, is Turkish citizen.” So, it is highly recommended for candidates, who are going to apply for foreign student admission quota, to review the Turkish Citizenship Law.)
- Foreign nationals who became Turkish citizen afterwards/dual citizens in the same status
- Turkish nationals who completed the last three years of their secondary education (high school) in a foreign country excluding Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, (including those who completed their entire secondary education (high school) at Turkish schools in the presence of Ministry of National Education in a foreign country excluding Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus) before 01 February 2013.
How to Apply
As part of the application procedures, International students can easily apply online on the links without sending any hard copy of the application documents. https://apply.izmirekonomi.edu.tr/international/undergraduate,
After online application is received, the documents will be evaluated by the relevant departments and the applicant will be notified about the result accordingly.
Application Deadline: Not specified