Johnson & Johnson WiSTEM2D Scholars Program for Young Women in STEM Research: Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the WiSTEM2D Scholars Program for Young Women in STEM Research sponsored by Johnson & Johnson.
The award program is aimed at fueling the development of female STEM2D talent pipeline by awarding and sponsoring women at critical points in their career in Engineering, Science, Technology, Maths, Manufacturing and Design.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing Johnson & Johnson WiSTEM2D Scholars Program;
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Johnson & Johnson Services
- Host Institution(s): Not Specified
- Study Level: Postgraduate
- Scholarship Worth: $150,000
- Scholarship Type: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: Several
- Nationality: All Nationalities
Details About the Johnson & Johnson WiSTEM2D Scholars Program
As a part of Johnson & Johnson‘s commitment to building a diverse WiSTEM2D Community, we are pleased to launch the Johnson & Johnson WiSTEM2DScholars Program, an award to support women pursuing research in STEM2D.
The J&J WiSTEM2D Scholars Award Program will help develop female leaders and support innovation in the STEM2D disciplines (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Manufacturing, Design) by funding six women at critical points in their research careers through a Scholar’s Award.
The six inaugural awards will be available in 2021 and aim to fund one woman per area of STEM2D concentration in the early career stage where they have concluded their advanced degree training but are not at the level of tenure in their accredited university or design school institution. The early-career support is aimed to be a catalyst for women to become leaders in their organizations and fields. The program will help build a larger pool of highly-trained researchers to meet the growing needs of academia and industry.
The J&J WiSTEM2D Scholars Award Program will play an influential role in achievements made in the areas of STEM2D and the future.
Eligibility Criteria for the Johnson & Johnson WiSTEM2D Scholars Program
- You must be a woman working in the field(s) of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Manufacturing and Design (STEM2D).
- You must be an assistant female professor or global equivalent faculty position at the time of application at an accredited academic university, institution or design school.
- The female scholar should have a minimum degree for the appropriate field:
- Science; MD, PhD
- Technology; PhD
- Engineering; PhD
- Math; MS, PhD
- Manufacturing; PhD
- Design; MA, MS, MDes, MArch, MFA, MLA, PhD
Value and Duration of Award
The Scholars Award is a 3-year award in the gross amount of $150,000, which will be paid to the University (the “Recipient”) for the benefit of the J&J Scholar and her research, with the understanding that the Recipient will administer the funds. The Scholars Award will be paid in three (3) installments of US $50,000 per year over the 3-year award period, subject to compliance with the terms and conditions of the program’s Agreement.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the Johnson & Johnson WiSTEM2D Scholars Program should apply through the Application Portal.
Application Deadline: 30th September 2022 9AM HST (Honolulu Standard Time)