Machel-Mandela Fellowship Programme 2022 Application portal is open to eligible and qualified young graduates from anywhere in the world to apply for the fellowship to be taken in South Africa. The Machel-Mandela fellowship is in honour of former South African President Nelson Mandela and his wife Graca Machel.
The Machel-Mandela Fellowship programme is aimed at being the most prestigious of its kind in the African continent. It major aim to help sharpen the Brenthurst Foundation’s focus on Africa’s growing youth population and to assist in nurturing Africa’s future leaders. Eligible candidates are encouraged to apply for the fellowship programme.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing Machel-Mandela Fellowship Programme 2022:
- Fellowship Sponsor(s): Brenthurst Foundation
- Fellowship to be taken at: South Africa
- Fellowship Type: Graduate Fellowship
- Fellowship Worth: See Fellowship Benefits
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Nationality: All Nationality
Who is Eligible for Machel-Mandela Fellowship Programme 2022
To be eligible for the Machel-Mandela Fellowship Programme 2022 for Young Graduates, applicants must:
- Be under 30 years of age
- Possess a Masters level degree
- Possess fluency in all basic IT skills
- Be able to speak and write English. African and other languages would be an asset.
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Be enthusiastic and reliable, a self-starter who requires minimal oversight and management
- Possess copy-editing and proof-reading skills an asset
- Have a passion for Africa and a keen interest in new thinking and strategies to strengthen Africa’s economic performance.
- Have broad knowledge of African politics and economics
- Be familiar with the work of the Brenthurst Foundation (please consult the website: www.thebrenthurstfoundtion.org).
- Be able to balance deadlines and attention to detail
Benefits of the Fellowship
- An all-inclusive stipend per month and accommodation (subject to Foundation policy) will be provided.
- Other work–related expenses may also be covered subject to agreement with the Foundation.
How to Apply
Interested and Eligible Applicants for the Machel-Mandela Fellowship Programme 2022 are to please address their application to Ms Leila Jack at email@example.com quoting ‘Machel-Mandela Fellow Internship’ in the subject line.
- An up-to-date CV with referees’ details
- A covering letter – no more than 500 words, outlining your interest in the position and the skills you can bring to bear
- A writing sample – this can be any piece of work, for example an essay or a published article, of any length.
Applicants should state the earliest date they would be able to start and details of where they saw the post advertised.
Application Deadline: 28 February 2022