The Queensland University of Technology is inviting applications from exceptional and suitably qualified candidates for Queensland University of Technology WH Bryan PhD Scholarship for 2022/2023 academic session.
The scholarship is available for domestic or international students with the aim of supporting developing researchers in obtaining a highly valued research experience in Queensland. A scholarship to support an outstanding PhD candidate who is passionate about making a global impact through earth sciences research in Queensland.
Key Fellowship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing Queensland University of Technology PhD Scholarship:
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Host Institution(s): Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Study Level: PhD
- Scholarship Worth: Funded
- Number of Awards: Several
- Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Details About the Queensland University of Technology PhD Scholarship
The WH Bryan Scholarship is to support a new student and project. Students who have already received/accepted a PhD scholarship offer, and/or who have already enrolled in, or commenced a PhD program are not eligible.
The aim of the WH Bryan Scholarship is to advance the understanding of Queensland Earth Sciences, addressing a globally significant problem leading to impactful outcomes, with the supported project to be led by a high-quality PhD candidate.
Eligibility Criteria for the Queensland University of Technology PhD Scholarship
To be eligible for Queensland University of Technology WH Bryan PhD Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be domestic or international students
- Applicants must enrol in full-time degree program
- You must be applying for a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in the area of earth sciences hosted by one of these universities:
- The scholarship is available for domestic or international students with the aim of supporting developing researchers in obtaining a highly valued research experience in Queensland.
- The WH Bryan Scholarship is to support a new student and project. Students who have already received/accepted a PhD scholarship offer, and/or who have already enrolled in, or commenced a PhD program are not eligible.
- The successful student will need to commence their studies at the host university by 30 June 2023.
Benefits of the Scholarship
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits during the program:
- A living allowance of $32,000 each year for three years
- A research project funding allowance of $18,000 each year for three years
- Up to $20,000 to cover start-up costs for the project (eligible start-up costs include airfares, moving expenses, and overseas student health cover for international students)
- Support for some international activities by the scholar such as international conference presentations, field workshops, laboratory work.
- If you are an international student, you will also receive a QUT research degree (HDR) tuition fee sponsorship.
How to Apply
To be considered for Queensland University of Technology WH Bryan PhD Scholarship, applicants should submit application online and Read full application guidelines on the WH Bryan Scholarship website.
Make contact soon with a potential supervisor in the field of earth sciences. Your supervisor must submit the application for you; therefore, we recommend ensuring their support by Wednesday 5 October 2022 to ensure enough time.
Once you have the support of your proposed supervisor, work with them on your research proposal and application for the scholarship. You will need to prepare your curriculum vitae, academic transcripts and a brief statement outlining why you are applying and how this fits into your future career.
Visit the Official Website for Further Details
Application Deadline: October 31, 2022