Royal Holloway University of London REED Innovation Scholarships 2022 Study in UK: Royal Holloway University of London is giving the REED Innovation Scholarship opportunity to undergraduate students who wish to enroll in a degree program at the University. Interested and eligible students worldwide are advised to apply for the scholarship.
The REED Innovation scholarship was established by Sir Alec Reed for undergraduate students of any discipline, aimed at rewarding and encouraging innovative and creative problem solving. The scholarship is a £15,000 cash award, £5,000 paid each year for the first three years of study.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing Royal Holloway University of London REED Innovation Scholarships
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Royal Holloway University of London, UK
- Host Institution(s): Royal Holloway University of London, UK
- Study Level: Undergraduate
- Scholarship Type: Academic award
- Scholarship Worth: £5,000 – £15,000
- Number of Awards: Several
- Nationality: Domestic & International Student
Details About Royal Holloway University of London REED Innovation Scholarships
The scholarship is available to new first year undergraduates, studying any subject, to celebrate and reward a student who is able to demonstrate outstanding and creative problem solving skills. This scholarship is sponsored by Sir Alec Reed.
The strength of a candidate’s previous academic background will also be considered. This will be assessed via the documents submitted as part of their degree application.
Criteria for Eligibility
To be eligible for Royal Holloway University of London REED Innovation Scholarships, you are expected to meet these conditions:
- Open to all Home and international new undergraduate students
- Applicants must have with minimum expected or final grades at GCE A-level of AAA or equivalent and a strong scholarship statement.
- Shortlisted applicants may be interviewed by Sir Alec Reed for final decision-making on the scholarship award.
How to Apply
Interested students must submit a complete scholarship application form by the deadline, specified annually. The strength of a candidate’s previous academic background will also be considered. This will be assessed via the documents submitted as part of their degree application.
You will need to complete a 400 word scholarship statement as part of your application (please note that statements that exceed the word count will automatically be rejected). This should include three ideas of entrepreneurs which you admire and three original ideas of your own. Your ideas could be inspired by the following themes:
- Solving an artistic, scientific or technical problem in a new or unusual way.
- A unique and distinctive solution to a problem faced by your school/college, club or community.
- Creating a new group, organisation, institution or product that meets an important need.
Shortlisted applicants may be invited to interview by Sir Alec Reed for final decision-making on the scholarship award. Interviews may be conducted via Skype if necessary.
Application Deadline: May 9, 2022