The University of Sheffield Sanctuary International Visitors Support Scheme is inviting applications from interested and eligible students. The Sanctuary International Visitors Support Scheme was established to assist international student academics who had fled their native country due to persecution or violence.
Keeping in view the element of affordability while pursuing higher education in the UK The University of Sheffield is offering three awards to academics to continue their research in the university for a period of up to 12 months. The funding is being given under the title of Sanctuary International visitor support scheme. The scheme offers to those who have been displaced or affected by conflict or persecution in their home country.
Key Fellowship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing Sheffield Sanctuary International Support Scheme:
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Sheffield, UK
- Host Institution(s): University of Sheffield, UK
- Study Level: Masters & PhD
- Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: Several
- Nationality: International Students
Details About Sheffield Sanctuary International Support Scheme
The University of Sheffield is offering funding for the academics to continue their research in Sheffield for a period of up to 12 months.
- Visiting Researcher status based within a host department at the University of Sheffield
- You will be allocated an academic mentor
- You will be allocated a key contact for support regarding practical aspects of your visit
- Access to library borrowing, services and e-resources
- Access to other University services such as confidential counselling helpline, the English Language Teaching Centre, access to an associate computing account
Eligibility Criteria for the Sheffield Sanctuary International Support Scheme
To be eligible for University of Sheffield Sanctuary International Visitors Support Scheme, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- You must be an academic who has been displaced or affected by conflict or persecution in your home country
- You must be able to obtain a UK visa under the Ukrainian visa schemes or another type of UK visa, if applicable, in the case of other nationalities
- Your proposed area of research should align with areas of research at the University of Sheffield. Here is a list of our academic departments
- Applicants are expected to remain employed by their home institution and return to their home country to resume their research when it is safe and appropriate to do so.
Benefits of the Scholarship
Successful applicants for University of Sheffield Sanctuary International Visitors Support Scheme will receive the following:
- Subsistence allowance of £17,350 per annum (pro-rata)
- Additional payment of £5,000 per annum (pro-rata) per dependent (up to a maximum of 3 dependents)
- Expenses on arrival, including travel, of up to £2,500
- Accommodation: under the Homes for Ukraine Scheme free accommodation is provided for up to a minimum of 6 months as part of the visa requirement. Applicants who are not eligible for the Homes for Ukraine scheme will receive support to find suitable accommodation
- Project related costs up to £2,500
How to Apply
Interested applicants seeking for University of Sheffield Sanctuary International Visitors Support Scheme should Complete the application form and send the application form and your CV to email@example.com.
Application Deadline: November 13, 2023
Visit the Official Website for Further Details