The 2023 ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships cycle has opened its application portal to receive applications from suitably qualified applicants from eligible countries aimed at opening the doors of the Swiss Academia to the world.
The scholarship accepts students who have completed their 2nd year of under graduate studies or are currently enrolled in a post-graduation (Master’s) programme at a Swiss institution of higher learning.
Key Fellowship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships:
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Swiss Government
- Host Institution(s): Swiss institutions
- Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate (Masters)
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
- Scholarship Worth: Not specified
- Number of Awards: Several
- Nationality: International Students
Eligibility Criteria for the ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships
To be considered for the ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Students must have completed their 2nd year of undergraduation or are currently enrolled in a post-graduate programme.
- Provide a written confirmation from a professor at a Swiss university that he/she will accept the applicant for a research stay in his/her group.
- Demonstrate excellent research abilities.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships 2023 are to complete an online application and upload the following supporting documents:
- A cover letter outlining your research project (e.g. an overview of the tasks and milestones of your project that you agreed on with your host professor) and explaining why you should be awarded the ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship, and why you would make an excellent “student ambassador” in the future.
- A CV (no more than two pages).
- A copy of your current university transcripts (we accept photocopies of official transcripts issued to the student).
- A letter of acceptance from the professor and / or hosting institution in Switzerland. Please request for a confirmation letter on the University / Institute letterhead from the host professor.
- A letter of recommendation from a current professor who can attest to the applicant’s abilities.
Application Deadline: 15th January 2023