The United Nation University UNU-IAS Master of Science in Sustainability Scholarship programme 2022 is inviting application from international students. The Sustainability scholarship awards are available for Masters students seeking for an enrollment in the University as new intake.
The United Nations University Sustainability Scholarship award is based on application selection results. Only accepted applicants for the enrollment in the UNU-IAS Master of Science in Sustainability programme can be considered as candidates for the scholarships.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about The United Nations University Sustainability Scholarship:
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): UNU-IAS, Japan
- Scholarship Type: Academic Award
- Host Institution(s): UNU-IAS, Japan
- Scholarship Worth: Monthly allowance of (120,000 – 140,000) JPY
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Masters
- Nationality: International Students
Details for the United Nations University Sustainability Scholarship
The United Nation University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability UNU awards several scholarships through:
- Japan Foundation for UNU (JFUNU): The JFUNU scholarship provides a monthly allowance of 120,000 JPY for living expenses for a maximum of 24 months. The tuition fees are fully waived for the scholarship recipients.
- UNU Rector’s Scholarship: The UNU Rector’s scholarship provides a monthly allowance of 130,000 JPY (subject to change) for living expenses for a maximum of 24 months. Travel costs to and from Japan, will be covered by the scholarship. The tuition fees are covered by the donor for the scholarship recipients.
- Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP): Full tuition, subsistence allowance including housing allowance, medical and accident insurance, books, and instrumental allowance will be covered by the scholarship. The monthly subsistence allowance including housing allowance for one person for the academic year 2020 is JPY 147,000 (subject to change for the academic year 2021). An economy class airfare will also be provided for the most direct route between the scholar’s home country and Tokyo Narita International Airport.
- Resona Bank Scholarship: The Resona Bank scholarship provides a monthly allowance of 130,000 JPY (subject to change) for living expenses for a maximum of 24 months. Travel costs to and from Japan, will be covered by the scholarship (up to JPY 260,000). The tuition fees are covered by the donor for the scholarship recipients.
Who is Eligible to Apply
To be eligible for United Nations University Sustainability Scholarship, candidates are expected to meet the following condition:
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record
- Applicants must be persons from developing countries who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance
- At least two years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Applicants who are currently living in Japan under a working visa are NOT eligible for the scholarship
- Oral and written English communication skills sufficient to be able to pursue studies.
- Applicants who want to pursue a second master’s degree at UNU-IAS are not eligible for the scholarship
- Applicants who demonstrated interest in the broader work of the United Nations
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application.
- Not a recipient of other concurrent scholarships
- In good health.
- Should agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
How to ApplY
Application for the United Nations University MSc Sustainability Scholarships is done as a part of the online application for admission. There is no separate application form for the scholarships
Interested and eligible applicants must provide necessary information and documents for the scholarship together with the required documents for admission to the master’s degree programme.
Application Deadline: Not Specified