Universität Hamburg Germany Merit Scholarships for International Students; The University of Hamburg in Germany has announced the opening of its application portal for applications from international students for its merit scholarship program. Students of all nationalities who are non-German citizens are advised to apply for the Hamburg merit scholarships.
The Merit scholarship program, is a platform used by the Universität Hamburg to support outstanding international students and doctoral researchers in all subjects and at all degree levels who have been socially committed and actively involved in an international context. This award of merit scholarship allows recipients to concentrate fully on their studies and gives them the opportunity to develop their skills.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing Universität Hamburg Germany Merit Scholarships 2022:
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Hamburg, Germany
- Host Institution(s): University of Hamburg, Germany
- Study Level: All degree levels
- Scholarship Type: Merit Awards
- Scholarship Worth: See Benefits (below)
- Number of Awards: Not Stated
- Nationality: All Nationalities
Who is Eligible To Apply for Universität Hamburg Germany Merit Scholarships
You are entitled to funding if you
- have been enrolled in your subject at Universität Hamburg for at least 2 semesters and are pursuing a degree (students in 2-year master’s degree programs and doctoral researchers can apply after 1 completed semester);
- do not hold German citizenship;
- are not eligible for the federal student loan scheme.
Benefits of the Scholarship
- The maximum monthly funding sum is €850. Depending on the availability of funding, individual doctoral researchers may be awarded a merit scholarship totaling €1,000 per month (roughly 2–3 merit scholarships are awarded per round).
- Merit scholarships are awarded for 2 semesters (total of 12 months). You can reapply for a scholarship. In well-founded exceptional cases, the maximum funding period is 3 years.
How to Apply
- The first step to applying for the Hamburg Merits scholarships is to enrol for a degree program of the university. Then apply for scholarships based on deadlines by following the link for your chosen application period (you will be required to log in using your STiNE ID):
You will then be invited to register and to complete your application.
Application Documents Required:
- You must upload the following documents to the online application portal:
- letter of motivation: please use this form (PDF)
- proof of social and/or intercultural activities (if aplicable)
- record of achievements: STiNE printout or list of course certificates. Master’s students and doctoral researchers submit their final certificate.
- evaluations from 2 professors or junior professors at Universität Hamburg. In justified cases, other teaching staff at Universität Hamburg can also prepare evaluations.
Application Deadline: April 15 and October 15