The University of Chicago Merit-Based Scholarships which is aimed at supporting students with outstanding academic credentials is open to suitably qualified international students who wish to study in USA.
The Merit-Based Scholarship will be awarded to students on the basis of outstanding academic potentials, demonstrated leadership, extracurricular achievement and commitment to their communities.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing Chicago Merit-Based Scholarships:
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): The University of Chicago, USA
- Host Institution(s): The University of Chicago, USA
- Study Level: Undergraduate
- Scholarship Type: Merit-Based Scholarships
- Scholarship Worth: Not specified
- Number of Awards: Several
- Nationality: International Students
Details About the University of Chicago Merit-Based Scholarships
The Merit-Based Scholarships at the University of Chicago comprise several scholarships that seeks to promote academic excellence. They include:
- University Scholarship: A University Scholarship will be awarded to outstanding students as partial tuition for a four year scholarship.
- First Phoenix Scholarship: All first-generation college students will be awarded a $20,000 scholarship over four years.
- Evans Scholarship: The Evans Scholars Program awards full housing and tuition college scholarships to deserving caddies.
- Stand Together: The UChicago Stand Together initiative offers enhanced financial aid and academic advising support for students from historically underrepresented groups and veterans.
- Trott Scholar: The Trott Scholarship, a four-year award, will be awarded to outstanding full-time students from rural communities.
- Veterans: UChicago participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
Eligibility Criteria for the University of Chicago Merit-Based Scholarships
To be considered for the University of Chicago Merit-Based Scholarships, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have been offered admission into an eligible course at the university for the 2023/24 academic session.
- Applicants must possess excellent academic credentials from a recognized institution.
- Applicants must be willing to abide by the rules and regulations governing the conduct of students in the university.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the University of Chicago Merit-Based Scholarships 2023 are to first apply for admission into an eligible course and then, they will be considered for the scholarship if they meet the eligibility criteria.
Visit the Official Website for Further Details
Application Deadline: November 15, 2022