The University of Essex Africa is inviting interested African students to apply for the 2022/23 Postgraduate Regional Scholarship to Study in UK. This scholarship programme is for African students who wish to further their degree to Masters level in UK and wish to choose the university as their study destination.
International students from an African nation who are self-funding their postgraduate studies are eligible for a scholarship of £4,000, paid as a discount on your tuition fee.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship;
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Essex, UK.
- Host Institution(s): University of Essex, UK.
- Study level: Masters Degree Studies
- Scholarship Type: Full Masters Scholarships
- Number of Awards: Several
- Scholarship Worth: $4,000.
- Nationality: African Students
Eligibility Criteria for Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship
You must meet all of the following conditions to be considered for the University of Essex Scholarships for Africans;
- These scholarships are restricted to students who are overseas fee payers and are entirely self-funded.
- This scholarship is available for the first year of Masters study only
- Students must be ordinarily resident (see the terms and conditions below for the definition of ordinary residence) in an African nation (defined as a member state of the African Union).
- These scholarships may be awarded to applicants who have completed relevant school or university studies in one of the specified countries above.
- Applicants must have been awarded an undergraduate degree with the grade specified or above. A higher Masters grade cannot be taken to compensate for a lower Bachelors grade;
- Eligible courses are those which are full-time taught Masters courses leading to MA, MSc, LLM, MFA and MRes degrees and start in October 2022 and January 2023.
- Applicants who have firmly accepted an offer of a place by 16 September 2022 (for October 2022 start) or 06 January 2023 (for January 2023 start) and met the academic conditions of entry, will be considered for these scholarships.
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot be held in conjunction with any other University of Essex scholarships.
- Successful applicants should be available for promotional activities.
Country Specific Requirements:
- Nigeria: CGPA 3/5 or above
- Ghana: CGPA 3.0/4.0 or above
- Other member states of the African Union: 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria)
How to Apply
It is required that you apply for admission to study at the University of Essex and if you meet the eligibility stated above, you will be automatically considered for the scholarship. You don’t need to complete an application form.
Your eligibility will be assessed based on the academic transcripts and certificates that you submit with your application for your place at Essex.
Visit the Official Website for Further Details
Application Deadline: September (Annually)