The University of Houston – Victoria is inviting incoming/current undergraduate and Postgraduate (Masters) students of international visa status to apply for its Cultural Scholarship.
The Cultural Scholarship is aimed at rewarding student’s talent in the USA.The purpose of this award is to encourage aspirants who are going to enroll in an undergraduate degree programme at the UHV.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing University of Houston – Victoria International Student Cultural Scholarship;
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Houston – Victoria USA
- Host Institution(s): University of Houston – Victoria USA
- Study Level: undergraduate and Postgraduate (Masters) taught
- Scholarship Worth: Partial funding
- Number of Awards: Several
- Nationality: All Nationalities
- Eligible Countries: International
- To Be Taken At (Country): USA
About the University of Houston – Victoria International Student Cultural Scholarship
International Student Cultural Scholarship (ISCS) is open to all new and returning F-1 and J-1 international students. The International Student Cultural Scholarship is awarded automatically to the new students during their first semester at UHV. If students wish to receive the scholarship beyond the first semester, students must maintain the International Student Cultural Scholarship (ISCS) requirements listed below. The scholarship covers $3000 per year ($1500 per semester, fall and spring semester). Scholarship only applies to the out-of-state tuition and fees. Additional fees and costs of attendance are not included in this scholarship. The scholarship award can only be used for study at UHV.
Eligibility Criteria for the University of Houston – Victoria International Student Cultural Scholarship
All international students must meet the following requirements to be eligible to receive the International Student Cultural Scholarship (ISCS)
- New F-1/J-1 international students must be admitted to UHV before the scholarship is awarded. Once the student is admitted, the scholarship amount will be listed in the students immigration document I-20
- F-1/J-1 students must be registered fulltime
- U.S. transfer international students must be in good immigration status prior to their transfer to UHV
- All new international students must attend the mandatory international student orientation
- Scholarship recipient must pay all outstanding university bills on or before the due dates.
- Number of Awards: Not specified
Benefit of the of Scholarship
The scholarship covers $3000 per year ($1500 per semester, fall and spring semester).
Duration of Programme
The scholarship award is available for:
- A maximum of nine semesters (4.5 years) for undergraduate international students meeting the eligibility requirements listed above.
- A maximum of five semesters (2.5 years) for graduate international students meeting the eligibility requirements listed above.
How to Apply
No application necessary, students will be awarded the scholarship automatically during their first semester. If student fails to maintain the scholarship requirements, students must submit the Scholarship Appeal to the International Programs Office. The International Programs Scholarship Committee will review the appeals and make a decision.
- 15th June 2022
- 15th Nov 2022