The University of Queensland Postgraduate Research Scholarship for PhD students is open for applications from suitably qualified candidates who wish to enroll in research program at the University.
This research scholarship on Multi-channel, multi-frequency measurements systems for electromagnetic imaging is worth up to $28,854 per annum (2022 rate), indexed annually for 3.5 years with the possibility of 1 extension in line with UQ and RTP Scholarship Policy.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing University of Queensland Postgraduate Research Scholarship;
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Queensland, Australia
- Host Institution(s): University of Queensland, Australia
- Study Level: PhD
- Scholarship Worth: $28,854 per annum
- Number of Awards: Several
- Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Details About the University of Queensland Postgraduate Research Scholarship
The selected candidate will be working within UQ’s Electromagnetic Innovations team, led by Professor Amin Abbosh. The candidate will have access to the required simulation tools, and suitable computational resources.
The candidate will also access state of the art electromagnetic testing and imaging labs. Suitable research funding will be allocated by the School of ITEE to the selected candidate for use in their project as per ITEE’s current Research Assistant (ResAssist) policy.
Eligibility Criteria for the University of Queensland Postgraduate Research Scholarship
To be eligible for the University of Queensland Postgraduate Research Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be domestic or international students
- Applicants must have completed some research experience
- Applicants must have completed an approved university degree and
- Applicants must meet the English language requirements.
An approved degree needs to be:
- In an area relevant to your proposed PhD project and
- Completed no more than 10 years ago.
You need one of the following approved degrees to apply for a PhD:
- Master of Philosophy (or another research master’s degree); or
- Bachelor’s degree from an approved university with at least honours class IIA or equivalent; or
- Coursework master’s degree with an overall grade point average of 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale which includes relevant research experience, approved by the dean; or
- Postgraduate degree (at least one year full-time or equivalent) with an overall grade point average of 5 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with demonstrated research experience equivalent to honours class IIA will be considered on a case-by-case basis; or
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 2 years of relevant research experience, including research publications.
How to Apply
Before submitting an application, you should:
- Check your eligibility for a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Prepare your documentation
- Contact Professor Amin Abbosh (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss your suitability for this scholarship
You apply for this scholarship when you submit an application for a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). You don’t need to submit a separate scholarship application.
When you apply, please ensure that under the scholarships and collaborative study section you:
- Select ‘My higher degree is not collaborative’
- Select ‘I am applying for, or have been awarded a scholarship or sponsorship’.
- Select ‘Other’, then ‘Research Project Scholarship’ and type in ‘ELECTROMAGNETIC-ABBOSH’ in the ‘Name of scholarship’ field
Application Deadline: On-going