The United States Institute of Peace (USIP) announces its 2022 Generation Change Fellows Program (GCFP) aimed at strengthening the capacity of civically engaged youth leaders to positively influence their communities.
The fellowship program of five days will deliver training in conflict management, effective leadership, prejudice awareness and reduction for emerging leaders to have greater impact in their communities.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing USIP Generation Change Fellows Program 2022:
- Company/Organisation(s): United States Institute of Peace (USIP)
- Program Location: Nigeria
- Program Type: Graduate Fellowship
- Program Duration: 5 days
- Basic Qualifications: Not specified
- Available Slot: Several
- Nationality: Nigerians
Detail for the USIP Generation Change Fellows Program
The fellowship will give participants the additional skills, knowledge, support, and resources needed to increase their resilience as peacebuilders and civic leaders, manage conflict at a local level, and increase the effectiveness of their peacebuilding programs. Upon completing the program, participants will join Generation Change’s global community of emerging civic leaders and will have access to various resources provided by USIP.
Who is Eligible to Apply
To be eligible for the USIP Fellowship Program 2022, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be of Nigerian origin
- Must be 18-35 years old.
- Must currently live and work in Nigeria.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to travel and fully commit to the program between April 25-May 1, 2022. These dates may change depending on restrictions related to COVID-19.
- Must have founded a peacebuilding organization or have worked in a leadership role in an organization that does peacebuilding work for at least 3 years.
- Must possess a willingness to participate and learn from peers and facilitators.
Benefits of the program
- Visa expenses
- Travel expenses
How to Apply
Interested and eligible applicants for the USIP Generation Change Fellows Program 2022 for young Nigerians are to submit their written application using the application portal and also upload and submit an updated curriculum vitae or resume and a scanned copy of ID.
Application Deadline: February 18, 2022 at 5:00pm Nigeria Time