The Victoria University of Wellington is inviting candidates with excellent academic record to apply for the Wellington International Excellence Scholarship at the University for 2022/2023 academic session.
The Wellington International Excellence Scholarship is aimed at recruiting high-achieving undergraduate international students currently studying in New Zealand to Victoria University of Wellington and to support them in their studies. Majority of the Wellington International Excellence Scholarships will be awarded at $20,000 over three years of study.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing Wellington International Excellence Scholarship;
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Host Institution(s): Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Study Level: Undergraduates
- Scholarship Worth: $20,000 over three years of study
- Number of Awards: Several
- Nationality: International Students
Details About the Wellington International Excellence Scholarship
These scholarships are for international school leaver students who have completed at least one full year (i.e. their Year 12 year) at a New Zealand secondary school and who are enrolling at Victoria University of Wellington in Trimester 1 of the year following application. Scholarships will be competitive on the basis of academic merit.
All recipients of the Wellington International Excellence Scholarships are guaranteed an offer of a place in one of the Halls of Residence, provided an accommodation application is received by University Accommodation Wellington by 1 October.
Eligibility Criteria for the Wellington International Excellence Scholarship
To be eligible for Wellington International Excellence Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international full-fee paying students.
- Applicants must have completed at least one full year (ie. their Year 12 year) at a New Zealand secondary school.
- Applicants must be enrolling in their first year of their first undergraduate degree.
- Applicants must have NCEA Level 2 (or 3 if taken in Year 12) endorsed with Excellence or equivalent in another qualification
How to Apply
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Visit the Official Website for Further Details
Application Deadline: September 01, 2022