The WITS-TUB-UNILAG Urban Lab Scholarships for sub-Saharan African Nationals is currently open for applications. The Wits-TUB-UNILAG Urban Lab Programme is in partnership agreement between the University of the Witwatersrand (Wits), the University of Lagos (UNILAG) and the Technische Universität Berlin (TUB).
The programme is aimed at enabling scholars from across the sub-continent to partake in the Master of Urban Studies in the field of Urban Management at Wits as well as PhD studies at both Wits and UNILAG. UNILAG will introduce a new Masters degree in urban management in 2021 with bursary support from the programme.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing WITS-TUB-UNILAG Urban Lab Scholarships;
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): WITS-TUB-UNILAG
- Host Institution(s): WITS-TUB-UNILAG
- Study Level: Masters & PhD
- Scholarship Worth: Full Tuition fee, Monthly stipend, Medical & Travel allowance
- Number of Awards: Several
- Nationality: African Students
Details About the WITS-TUB-UNILAG Urban Lab Scholarships
Beyond collaboration around the respective urban management masters at TUB, Wits and UNILAG, the programme is designed to facilitate international exchange of ideas between research institutions and includes strengthening the network of urban academics on the African continent.
Four fully funded PhD scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis to two South Africans and two candidates from other sub-Saharan African countries for study at the University of the Witwatersrand starting February 2022, in collaboration with Technical University Berlin and the University of Lagos. The four selected PhD candidates will be funded for four years from 2022-2025.
Eligibility Criteria for the WITS-TUB-UNILAG Urban Lab Scholarships
To be eligible for WITS-TUB-UNILAG Urban Lab Scholarships, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be a sub-Saharan African Nationals
- Applicants enrolling for masters and PhD programs
- Applicants must be ready to enrol in a full-time program
- Applicants to partake in the Master of Urban Studies in the field of Urban Management at Wits as well as PhD studies at both Wits and UNILAG.
How to Apply
Interested applicants seeking for WITS-TUB-UNILAG Urban Lab Scholarships can fill and submit application form online for the scholarships. All scholarship applications must be sent to email@example.com. No late applications will be considered.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022