The Joint Japan/World Bank announces Graduate Scholarship Program for citizens from certain developing countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts who are applying to a master degree program in a development-related topic.
The 2022 Joint Japan/World Bank scholarships offer is for 26 Participating Programs at universities in U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania and Japan in key areas of development, including infrastructure management, economic policy management, and tax policy.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2022:
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): World Bank /Japanese Government
- Study Level: Postgraduate
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
- Scholarship Worth: See Benefits (below)
- Number of Awards: Up to 200 per year
- Host Institution(s): Various
- Nationality: Developing countries
Who is Eligible for World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2022
World Bank Graduate Scholarship Programs are open to Developing Country nationals who must:
- Be a national of a World Bank member developing country on this list.
- Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country.
- Hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date.
- Have 3 years or more of recent development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree.
- Be in good health.
- Other eligibility conditions attached to the call [see official page]
Benefits of World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2022
The JJ/WBGSP scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of your study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period. In addition to the two-way air travel, scholars will receive a US $500 travel allowance for each trip;
- While on campus during the scholarship period, a monthly subsistence allowance to cover all living expenses (accommodations, food, etc., including books). The amount of the allowance varies depending on the host country.
- Tuition for your graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance obtained through the university.
How to Apply
Interested and eligible applicants can submit their applications by accessing the online application form. The 2022 Online Application Form for Developing Country Nationals accessible within the application window.
- Application Window 1: February 28, 2022
- Application Window 2: May 27, 2022