World Bank Group-Africa Education Fellowship Program 2022 for young African Graduates is ongoing. Kindly read through the application process before sending your application.
The World Bank Group (WBG) Education Global Practice and the Africa Chief Economist Office announce the opening of applications for the 2022 WBG-Africa Education Fellowship Program for master’s degree holders, Ph.D. candidates and recent Ph.D. graduates who are Sub-Saharan Africa nationals. Women are highly encouraged to apply, especially those interested in Education Technology.
The WBG-Africa Education Fellowship Program targets young, talented African nationals who are master’s degree holders with three to four years of relevant experience who are completing or have recently completed their Ph.D. in an area relevant to the World Bank’s work in the Education sector. This Education sector-specific fellowship program builds on the model of the broader WBG Africa Fellowship Program.
The WBG-Africa Education Fellowship Program aims to develop a strong pipeline of young African talent interested in building careers in development, working with international institutions, governments, think tanks, the private sector and academia to improve education in developing countries.
The fellowship will allow participants to work in any of the regional or global Education units of the WBG, thereby promoting diverse voices across the World Bank.
WBG-Africa Education Fellows will have the opportunity to:
- Gain a better understanding of the WBG’s mission and operations
- Access quality data for their research work
- Interact with seasoned education experts in the field of development
- Contribute to the WBG’s overall mission
- Be a Sub-Saharan Africa national
- Be a master’s degree holder with three to four years of relevant experience; recent Ph.D. graduate (within three years of completion) or be enrolled in the last year of the Ph.D. program
o Education specialization: Special Education, Early Childhood Education, Secondary Education (general and TVET), Tertiary education, Education Technology, Education Management, Curriculum and Instructional Design, Evaluation, Education Economics, etc.
o Other related fields: Economics, Public Policy, other Human Development or Social sector, STEM and other related areas, etc.
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal. Fluency in other languages such as French or Portuguese is highly desirable
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application period
- Young African women who are eligible are encouraged to apply, especially those interested in Education Technology.
The program offers chosen fellows a six-month assignment at WBG offices in Washington, D.C., or a country office to gain hands-on experience in WBG operations. This includes knowledge generation and dissemination, design of global and country policies, and the building of institutions to achieve inclusive growth in developing countries.
The selection process consists of two phases:
In the first phase, a shortlist of candidates will be made available for hire to the different Education units of the WBG depending on applicants’ specialization and business needs of the units. Applicants will be notified about the status of their application or whether they have been shortlisted or not.
In the second phase, the final list of fellows will be selected in consultation with the various Education units of the WBG. When the selection is complete, all shortlisted candidates will be informed of their selection status.
How to Apply
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the World Bank Group-Africa Education Fellowship Program 2022
Application Deadline: February 28, 2022