Application for 2022 World Bank Scholarship Program is ongoing for applicants that meet the program requirements.
Subject to available funding, JJWBGSP offers scholarships for 48 Participating Programs at universities in U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania and Japan in key areas of development, including economic policy management, tax policy, and infrastructure management. Please note that if you are not admitted to one of these 48 programs, you are not eligible to apply for a JJWBGSP Scholarship in 2022.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing Fully Funded World Bank Scholarship Program
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): World Bank
- Scholarships to be taken at: Universities in Japan
- Scholarships level: Masters
- Scholarships Worth: Fully-funded
- Subject Eligibility: Economic policy management, Tax policy and Infrastructure management
- Country/Candidate Eligibility: International Students
World Bank Scholarships Program 2022-23 | DETAILS
The JJWBGSP scholarships provide tuition, a monthly living stipend, round-trip airfare, health insurance, and travel allowance.
To be considered for the World Bank Scholarships Program 2022/23, candidates must meet the program requirements listed below.
- Candidates from any Nationality are eligible.
- Be a national of a World Bank member developing country.
- Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country;
- Be in good health;
- Hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date;
- Have 3 years or more of recent development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree;
- Be employed in development-related work in a paid full- time position at the time of submitting the scholarship application.
The World Bank Scholarships Program is fully-funded includes the following benefits;
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of your study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period. In addition to the two-way air travel, scholars will receive a US $500 travel allowance for each trip;
- Tuition for your graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance obtained through the university.
- While on campus during the scholarship period, a monthly subsistence allowance to cover all living expenses (accommodations, food, etc., including books). The amount of the allowance varies depending on the host country.
- VISA application(s) costs
- Expenses to bring and/or support a scholar’s family members;
- Extra-curricular courses or training;
- Courses that do not meet the minimum credits required to earn the graduate degree;
- Language training not provided by the graduate program;
- Additional travel during the course of the study program;
- Expenses related to research, supplementary educational materials, field trips, participation in workshops/seminars, or internships; or
- Educational equipment such as computers.
- Resident permit fee.
How To Apply
The call for applications for a JJWBGSP Scholarship will open in late March 2021 and the deadline for applying will be around mid-May 2021. Guidance for the 2021 call for applications, including the call’s:
- Firstly: Instructions and requirements to submit an application, the eligibility criteria applicants must meet; and the selection process are provided in the Application Guidelines, FAQs, and the complete list of JJ/WBGSP Participating Programs. Master Degrees currently offered.
- Secondly: Inquiries on how to submit an admission application to a Participating program should be submitted to the respective university. All applicants to the JJ/WBG will need to have an unconditional offer of admission from a participating program to be eligible to apply.
- Thirdly: Once you are familiar with the application requirements and processes, click HERE to apply. You may refer to the “Accessing your online application” and “Navigating your online application” to learn how to access and navigate the online application.
Application Deadline: Mid-May 2022