Interested and qualified applicants can now send in their applications for the ongoing Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships. This Fellowship programme is open for 140 awards.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social, and research-based growth.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships;
- Fellowship Sponsor(s): Government of Canada
- Fellowship Type: Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
- Host Institution(s): Recognized Universities in Canada
- Fellowship Worth: $70,000 per year
- Number of Awards: 70 per year
- Study Level: Postdoctoral
- Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Details
The objective of the Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to:
- Attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally
- Develop their leadership potential
- Position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow
- Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a foreign university may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a Canadian university may hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at either a Canadian institution or an institution outside of Canada.
How to Apply
Applications must be prepared and submitted by applicants. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application is complete. This includes ensuring that all host institution documents and referee assessments have been submitted.
Applicants should read the Selection committee guide prior to commencing their application. This guide lists the three evaluation criteria and has useful information on how the criteria are evaluated. Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships selection committees are multidisciplinary, and applications should therefore be written with a non-specialist research audience in mind.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2022