University of Gondar Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program: The University of Gondar is offering qualified undergraduate and Master’s programs students a quality scholarships opportunity through the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program. The University has many available resources and facilities to help students succeed academically.
The scholarship is aimed at providing funds for students from East African countries who intend to enroll in a full-time undergraduate and postgraduate programs at the University of Gondar for the academic session.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing University of Gondar Mastercard Foundation Program;
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation
- Host Institution(s): University of Gondar, Ethiopia
- Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Scholarship Type: Tuition award
- Scholarship Worth: Not specified
- Number of Awards: Several
- Nationality: African Students
Details About the University of Gondar Mastercard Foundation Program
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program has two categories including the undergraduate and graduate scholars program. The Undergraduate Scholars Program is a collaborative program involving Mastercard Foundation and the University of Gondar to create scholarship opportunities for Ethiopian youth to pursue undergraduate studies at the University of Gondar. The scholarships cover the academic and non-academic costs of scholars while they pursue their studies in various fields of studies.
The Graduate Scholars Program is designed to help Scholars to acquire transformational and leadership skills and demonstrate high professional and scholarly competencies to effectively influence global, regional, national and local socioeconomic development trends. The Program is technically and financially supported by Mastercard Foundation and will avail excellent academic and non-academic support to Scholars during their stay at University of Gondar.
Eligibility Criteria for the University of Gondar Mastercard Foundation Program
To be considered for the University of Gondar Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, interested applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants for the master’s scholarship must be from the eligible East African countries (Ethiopia, Somalia, Eritrea, Djibouti and South Sudan) enrolled in a full-time program at the University.
- Applicants for the undergraduate scholarship must be Ethiopian youths studying at the University.
- Applicants must be enrolled in the eligible courses for the different categories of scholarships.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the University of Gondar Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program are to complete their applications online. Undergraduate applicants can complete their applications via the undergraduate application portal while the master’s applicants are to complete their application via the master’s application portal.
Application Deadline: 30th June