The University of Auckland School of Medical Sciences is offering International Masters Scholarship with the main purpose of attracting new international students of high caliber to enroll in masters level study for one year or two years at the school.
This scholarship is aimed at supporting international masters students in the School of Medical Sciences with a tuition fees credit of up to $20,000 per annum.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing School of Medical Sciences International Masters Scholarship;
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): School of Medical Sciences, University of Auckland
- Host Institution(s): School of Medical Sciences, University of Auckland
- Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
- Scholarship Worth: up to $20,000 per annum
- Number of Awards: Up to 5 per year.
- Nationality: International Students
Eligibility Criteria for the School of Medical Sciences International Masters Scholarship
Please refer to the programme regulations (PDF), a part of which are stated (below):
- The Scholarship is tenable by international students
- Students who have already commenced their programme are not eligible for consideration for this Scholarship.
- The basis of selection will be academic merit as assessed by the grade point average (GPA) or grade point equivalent (GPE) calculated over the most recent qualifying programme.
- Applicants must have a GPA/GPE of 7.00 or above in their most recent qualifying programme to be eligible for scholarship consideration.
- The Scholarship may be awarded only to new international students who have received an offer of study to undertake a Master of Biomedical Science, Master of Science in Pharmacology, or Master of Science in Physiology at the University of Auckland.
Benefits of the Scholarship
- Up to five Scholarships of up to $20,000 per annum will be awarded and paid as a compulsory fees credit.
- Scholarships are for a period of up to two years
How to Apply
Scholarship applications will usually open around six weeks before the closing date. Please read the regulations carefully to be sure you are eligible before you apply.
Application Deadlines: 11 May (Semester Two intake) and 1 December (Semester One intake)