The University of Manchester has announced an intake for the University of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards. This scholarship is open for students of all nationalities and across all research areas who wish to study in UK.
The scholarship, hosted by the Faculty of Science and Engineering, is fully funded and covers the student’s tuition fees at the international rate, annual maintenance stipend equivalent and a fixed research training support grant per year.
Applications are welcome from suitably qualified applicants who wish to enroll for postgraduate research studies at the University for academic session.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing University of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards:
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Manchester, UK
- Scholarship Type: Fully-funded
- Nationality: International Students
- Study Level: PhD
- Host Institution(s): University of Manchester, UK
- Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits
- Number of Awards: Several
University of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards Details
These scholarships are open to all nationalities and across all research areas and will be of interest to students of the highest calibre who have the commitment and desire to work on challenging research projects in a world-leading research environment.
This funding is available to students undertaking study in:
- Aerospace Engineering, Astronomy and Astrophysics, Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Coatings and Ceramics, Computer Science, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Fashion Management and Marketing, Imaging and Characterisation, Management of Projects in Engineering, Materials, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy and Corrosion, Nano and Functional Materials, Petroleum Engineering, Physics and Astronomy, Polymers and Composites, Textiles and Apparel.
Interested applicants seeking for University of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants from all nationalities
- Applicants must hold an offer to start a PhD programme in September 2022. Candidates who do not yet have an academic offer should get in touch with Faculty admissions team to discuss how to best progress a PhD application in time for the funding deadline. See `useful links’ for contacts.
- Have a track record of engaging with research. This may include contributions to publications / articles, promoting your research to a wider audience, prizes for research or project work.
- Applicants must hold (or be about to obtain) a first class honours undergraduate degree (or international equivalent).
- Ideally hold a master’s qualification at merit or distinction (or international equivalent)
- Applicants must meet English language entry requirements as specified by the Department that you are applying to;
The scholarship is a fully-funded award and includes:
- Tuition fees at the international rate
- Annual maintenance stipend equivalent to UKRI minimum stipend rate
- £1000 Research Training Support Grant per year
How To Apply
Dean’s Doctoral Scholarships operate on a nomination basis. Your supervisor will nominate you for consideration by the Faculty and in order to be considered, you must hold an offer for a place on one of our PhD programmes.
It is therefore essential that you apply for a place on the PhD programme of your choice as early as possible and that you specify in the funding section of your application form that you wish to be considered for the Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship funding.
Full details of our research projects can be found on the relevant Department web pages as well as information on how to apply for PhD programmes.
Application Deadline: Spring 2022